Receptionist/Admin Apprentice Hedon Group Practice
Hedon Group Practice are looking for an Apprentice to join their busy team! You must be an enthusiastic, hardworking individual with a positive attitude. The role will be fast-paced, so the right person will be adaptable and a good team player. You will be working alongside experienced staff when learning all aspects of the reception.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The selected candidate will take part in the following duties:
- Ensure efficient running of appointment system and monitor flow of patients into treatment/consultant rooms.
- Ensure patients without appointments but who need urgent consultation are seen to in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover.
- Respond to all queries and requestsfor assistance from patients and other visitors.
- Enter requests for sick certificates. Enter requests for home visits, and including all relevant information, and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor.
- Issue repeat prescriptions and liaise with Dispensary regariding any quieries.
- Ensure Reception and Waiting Areas are kept neat and tidy.
- Book appointments ensuring sufficient information is recorded for the clinician.
- Receive and make calls as required. Divert calls and take messages as necessary.
- To prepare and photocopy patients medical records for despatch to Insurance companies, when requested
- Prepare external post and take to post office daily
- General office duties
Requirements and prospects
- Must be a good communicator
- Be enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Competent in prioritising your daily workload
- Good work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service
- Strong Team Player
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Good positive, friendly attitude
- Organised & focused approach
- Pleasant & confident manner
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Helpful and positive attitude in a busy environment
- Able to project a respectable and professional image
- Ability to maintain a calm approach and work effectively under pressure
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of most Microsoft Office packages
- An enthusiastic & friendly approach to work
- Must be willing to listen & learn
- Willing to learn and develop
- Very accurate
- Happy to help
- No formal qualifications are required but you must have the ability to complete the NVQ and Functional Skills (if applicable).
Things to consider
About the employer
Hedon Group Practice
BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Business and Administration consisting of:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration (QCF)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English
- Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT
You will be required to attend a half day session at the Training Centre where you will work towards any functional skills that you have to take and the technical element. The NVQ or ITQ will be carried out at the workplace by taking evidence from your job.
Business and Administration
HULL BUSINESS TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hull Business Training Centre
Molly Tranmer 01482 211714 Molly@hbtc.co.uk
Before you apply
Closing date: 05 Oct 2017