PR Apprentice (Level 4) Tower Hamlets Homes Ltd
We’re looking for a versatile and ambitious apprentice with great people skills. The right candidate will love a challenge and will be focused on helping the team deliver outstanding campaigns and publications. If you’re enthusiastic and have ideas on how to get people talking about things that matter, we want you to join us.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
The PR Apprentice will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role.
- Writing - Writing for business communications, communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (this could include articles, news releases, blogs, and case studies)
- Social media - Understanding when and which social media channel is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic and effective way for companies and brands
- Media liaison - Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media, pitching stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (i.e. journalists), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, sending/receiving press selection products
- Deliver PR campaigns – Supporting the team in creating new campaigns, working to deliver a strategy for a client or organisation
- Evaluate PR campaigns – Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of PR campaigns and measuring their impact
- Presentation - Planning, structuring and delivering presentations internally and externally
- Research & data analysis – Conducting research for the team and/or clients and reporting key details
- Events - Planning, organising and co-coordinating events, meeting the objectives of the brief.
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate workload management by undertaking the following activities.
- Time management - Planning, organising and prioritising your workload to ensure deadlines and objectives for both work activities and apprenticeship training are met
- Diary management – Ensuring email/online diaries are kept up to date
- Meetings – Arranging internal and external meetings, ensuring rooms are suitable and attendees needs are catered for
- Career development - Taking responsibility for personal learning and professional development
Working with people
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate the following in their ability to work with people.
- Professional relationships – Developing professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, effective listening and verbal/written communication
- Communicating with supervisors/mentors - Ensuring they are aware of work in progress and are briefed when any problems arise
- Team building - Working with teams to achieve goals and promote a motivated work environment
- Networking - Building a professional network of other PR professionals whilst maintaining an professional image
- Follow company and training provider procedures at all times
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail
- Maintain a positive company and personal image
- You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Skilled in Microsoft Office packages and experienced in social media
- Organised and able to manage own time
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Motivated and committed
- A ‘self-starter’ – someone who will use their initiative, be energetic and make the most of the opportunity
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent is desirable
- GCSE A*- C in English or equivalent
- GCSE A* - C in Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
As a Public Relations Apprentice you will follow a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in PR which is a nationally recognised qualification route. This will involve “on the job” training, visits from an Assessor to the workplace, an internal Mentor to provide ongoing guidance, online learning and creating a portfolio of evidence.
You will develop a wide understanding of Public Relations and the impact it has on businesses.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Stephanie Umebuani 0207 233 6026 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017