IT Helpdesk Apprentice INTQ275 Total Group International Limited
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team of IT specialists, dedicated to getting IT working the way it’s needed to for their customers, as an Apprentice Helpdesk Technician offering 1st line support to a diverse client base.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Through the Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after, giving you a fantastic head start to your career in IT.
For more details, keep reading…
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
This role will initially be involved in the support of the company’s systems and those of their customers.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
As a Microsoft IT Apprentice you will be required to:
- Learn how to Support internal systems, including Active Directory and Exchange.
- Become a valued part of the IT Support team.
- Learn how to provide technical support to marketing channels and activities.
- Assist in customer project and support activities as skills allow.
- You will gain on the job experience and be able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
- You will help the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors we partner with, to deliver the IT Support services to our clients.
- Learning how to handle the telephone support calls – as well as incoming Helpdesk emails. They will manage the Helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within the agreed SLA.
- You will be working on resolving the first line support where capable, and work with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues.
- Our clients use (predominantly) Microsoft operating systems and applications, so a good understanding of these would be very useful.
- Other responsibilities will include updating company systems.
You will be responsible for providing 1st line support for Windows 7/8/10 operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory and PC hardware, offering support covering Office 365 and Exchange servers, Microsoft Office, networking and disaster recovery to the company’s customer base. You will be dealing directly with clients (either remotely or over the phone/email), assisting/running the IT helpdesk to help manage support calls and recording customer requirements to help allocate jobs as appropriate, ensuring timely responses and suitable solutions to meet SLAs and all the while delivering an excellent customer service experience in a positive and customer focused fashion.
Requirements and prospects
- You must be a confident communicator with a can-do attitude, be well presented with a willingness to learn and able to take direction.
- You will need a good attention for detail with a view to improving results daily.
- Any interest in one or some of the following is important; troubleshooting, computer repairs, computer hardware, Microsoft programmes.
You should have at least a C or above (or equivalent) at GCSE Maths & English and in 3 or 4 other subjects at least. You will have enjoyed school, and you’ll be ready for a new learning environment in the world of work.
About the employer
Total Group International Limited
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining the Microsoft certifications MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Network Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation and CompTIA A+.
This apprenticeship is delivered remotely via a live virtual classroom using the very latest Microsoft technologies. These qualifications are globally recognized industry certifications and form the significant building block of IT knowledge for anybody looking to start a career in IT.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intequal Limited
Jodie 02392 449 695 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017