Care Assistant Apprentice Southlawns
The apprentice Care Assistant will be a member of the care team. Working within your team you will offer person centred care to support independence and to meet the individual needs of the Service Users. 2 week rota including morning and afternoon shifts and an alternate weekend.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist residents in all of their care needs (i.e. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring residents retain their comfort and dignity.
- Pay particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility or physical/learning difficulties, making the best and safe use of aids provided.
- Closely monitor residents who may be confused and/or who have progressive illness.
- Assist in the promotion of continence.
- Assist in the delivery of care for residents who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
- Observe care planning needs for residents and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities.
- Answer Nurse Call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately, respond according and pass on messages promptly.
- Under the supervision and guidance of senior Care Staff and Registered Nurses, report on the well-being of residents.
- Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
- Make visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
- Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are emptied in line with the nursing home’s disposal of waste policy. Ensure the home’s resources are used appropriately.
- Clean and maintain equipment used by residents e.g. wheelchairs, commodes, pressure relieving equipment, hearing aids, spectacles, bath hoists, showers etc. Ensure the home is kept clean and tidy in line with the company’s attention to detail philosophy.
- Care for residents clothing and assist with naming if applicable, and ensure that all clothing is clearly marked and recorded.
- Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
Requirements and prospects
- To be empathetic, understanding, compassionate
- Good secondary education
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Social Care
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017