IT & Telecoms Apprenticeship Century IT Services
We have an excellent opportunity to join the organisation as an IT and Telecoms Apprentice. Your role will be part of an IT Help Desk team within a dynamic and busy IT Services Company and will work alongside individuals who are highly experienced and experts in their field. A great opportunity for someone who wants to learn.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
£161.70 - £264.38
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Century IT Services are an IT and Telecoms service company based in Totton, Southampton who offer tailored IT Support Contracts, IT installation services and Telecommunications services to business.
We pride ourselves on being experts in our field and our customer service is 2nd to none.
Our help desk is designed around our customers and they have told us they don’t like call loggers and unskilled message takers managing their IT Systems.
Our customers like to be able to immediately speak to a skilled IT Technician who knows them, knows their business and knows their IT systems and can offer speedy resolutions and peace of mind.
Century IT Services provides a range of IT Services:
- IT Support and Fixed Cost IT Support Contracts
- IT Supply and Installation Services
- Telecommunication Systems
- Proactive Monitoring of IT Systems
- Break fix of IT Systems and Hardware
- IT system upgrades and replacements
Our customers range from businesses in manufacturing, production, accountants, solicitors, financial advisors, wholesale, hotels, dentists, charities and not for profit organisations and they all have one thing in common. They all like first class IT Support from people that are highly skilled, motivated and have good customer service skills.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail)
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Good customer skills, both over the telephone and face-to-face
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A*-C including English and Maths.
Excellent written and spoken English:
- Confident communicator
- Good people skills
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A*-C including English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Competence: Level 2 Diploma in professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals
- Knowledge: Level 2 Award in ICT Systems and Principles
- Competence: Level 3 Diploma in ICT professional Competence
- Knowledge: Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles
Functional Skills: apprentices will study Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT at Level 2. Some learners are exempt due to prior attainment.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR): apprentices will gain an introduction to the world of work and develop knowledge of employee rights & responsibilities, health & safety and equality & diversity.
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS): apprentices will develop transferable skills: independent enquiry; creative thinking; reflective learning; team working; self-management; and effective participation.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Totton College
Sam Beadle 07483030341 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017