Catering and Hospitality Apprentice Blackburn Youth Zone
To work in a busy youth centre canteen, helping with the day to day running of the canteen. You will be using kitchen equipment, serving young people and keeping to food hygiene standards. Working as part of a team to carry out routine tasks in the catering and hospitality operation within the Blackburn Youth Zone.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Nov 2017
04 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To work in a busy youth centre canteen, helping with the day to day running of the canteen.
You will be using kitchen equipment, serving young people and keeping to food hygiene standards. Working as part of a team to carry out routine tasks in the catering and hospitality operation within the Blackburn Youth Zone.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and review the Catering offer so that BYZ is offering a diverse range of healthy food options.
- Safely and appropriately use cooking equipment in the kitchen as well as using the electronic till.
- Cooking & serving food and drinks, giving customers an excellent service.
- To keep the kitchen clean and tidy.
- Turn up to work on time and follow procedures for opening and closing the canteen.
- Assist with the setting up of events and meetings taking place at BYZ.
- To work in a safe way and keep to Health and Safety rules.
- To work within the policies of the BYZ.
- To attend any training needed as an apprentice.
- The role holder will be expected to carry out any other relevant duties as determined by the line manager as may reasonably be required.
- Available to work evenings and weekends and during school holidays.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Able to work to food hygiene standards
- Good communication skills
- Good work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Willing to learn
No qualifications required however applicants must pass an initial assessment at the college as part of the application process.
About the employer
- Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2 Professional Cookery
- Functional Skills in Maths & English if required
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Paul Maguire 01254 292262 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017