Admin Apprentice, Nottingham UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM
To assist the Catering Services Finance Team with administration duties.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- To assist with the inputting of invoices into the Electric Point of Sale (EPOS) Central Stock system for approx 45 catering outlets. This involves a high volume of entering quantities and checking the inputted amounts match the invoices before posting. To understand the EPOS system and solve problems arising from the tills at all Catering Units. To understand Mealcard – DailyBites system and to maintain it.
- Opening and organising paperwork received from Catering Outlets, checking that the account and voucher purchases balance to the till receipt and entering the data onto a spreadsheet for charging Schools and Departments. Sending stationery out to Catering Outlets. Providing support in Payroll.
- Answering the telephone and taking messages in the absence of any team members.
- To be fully conversant with and competent to use computer systems relevant to area of work.
- Undertaking training and development to enhance working skills and knowledge of self and team.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the person appointed.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Seeks explanations and solutions
- Effective communicator
- Concentrates attention and activity on customer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products especially Word and Excel
- Able to work to tight deadlines and on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under supervision and as part of a team
- Actively seeks to develop self
- Adaptable and flexible
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4.
Things to consider
About the employer
UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623627191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017