Apprentice Pressure Cast Die Manufacture Operative Steelite International Plc
The successful applicant will learn to carry out the duties and skills appropriate to the making of Pressure Cast Dies.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will learn to manufacture Pressure Cast Dies, duties to include:
- To make planned dies to required quality standard.
- To acheive monthly die making targets.
- To inform the Team Leader of any issues with the die's or required ingredients.
- To ensure that non-conforming die's do not reach the next process.
- To inform the Team Leader when die making materials are required.
- To keep up to date item specification information.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping and comply with the company's health and safety regulations.
- To ensure all work areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Housekeeping duties in picking and despatch.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be comfortable with receiving instruction
- Must have acceptable levels of knowledge of duties within own area of work
- Must be able to make basic decisions and escalate when appropriate
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to operate as a valued team member
- Ability to maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Keen to learn
- Good communication skills required.
GCSE grade E or above (or equivalent) is essential or New Grades 9 to 3.
About the employer
The successful applicant will be trained in-company to carry out the production of Pressure Cast Dies. You will also work towards achievement of:
- Level 2 Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations
Functional Skills Level 1/2 where applicable in:
Improving Operational Performance
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Axia Solutions Limited
Martyn Steele 01782 572 777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017