Apprentice Transport Allocator IT Fleet Automotive Limited
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to enter this well respected fleet transport firm. This role will allow development of the right candidate within an integral part of the business. The role comes with responsibilities and will require a strong candidate who can use their own initiative.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The role of the Transport Allocator is to manage a team of between 10 - 15 self-employed Trade Plate Drivers, allocating and routing vehicle collections/deliveries to their individual work schedules using the FleetPlus system, and dealing with any challenges and concerns.
- Managing your own team of Trade Plate Drivers, ensuring an optimum number of vehicle movements are planned and allocated each day. As an apprentice, you will be allocating 10-15 drivers. Building up to 30-35 over the course of your development (usually a 2-year period).
- Routing drivers to each vehicle collection/delivery, assisting with travel between each movement, to ensure that customer expectations and service levels are maintained.
- Ensure that all information required for the achievement of vehicle collections/deliveries is accurately communicated clearly to your drivers.
- Liaise with the Customer Service and Refurbishment departments to ensure that information is updated accordingly.
- Provide all encompassing telephone support to your team of drivers, responding to concerns and issues in a manner that ensures resolution is achieved.
- Work as part of the Transport team to manage the challenges presented by volume peaks and troughs and direct the appropriate transport resources accordingly.
- Escalate any major issues and concerns to the Assistant/Transport Manager.
- Record drivers’ holidays and any unplanned absences.
- To provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers, ensuring your standards meet with IT Fleet expectations.
- Undertake training & development of your skills to cover for key staff absence through holiday and other absence cover.
Live the organisational values of It Fleet Automotive at all times whilst at work and when representing the organisation externally.
Health & Safety:
Adhere to all health and safety policies of the organisation and take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others.
Equality & Diversity:
Promote and protect the equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of individuals and adhere to IT Fleet Automotive’s Equality and Dignity at Work and Diversity policies.
Adhere to the requirements of IT Fleet Automotive’s Data Protection and Confidentiality policies at all times.
Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your Line Manager, the Managing Director or other members of the Management Team.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Hard working
- Close attention to detail
- Can use own initiative
- Problem solver
5 x GCSE (or equivalent) grade A* - C (5) and above, including English and Maths.
About the employer
IT Fleet Automotive Limited
As well as on the job training you will complete a Business Administration Level 3 apprenticeship. This may also include functional skills in English and Maths at level 1 and/or 2 depending on prior qualifications.
You will work towards:
- Business Administration Level 3 apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (no Functional Skills to be completed if you have obtained a GCSE C and above or equivalent)
- Functional Skills level 2 will be completed, if you have obtained a GCSE D or E grade, Functional Skills level 1 or equivalent
- Functional Skills level 1 will be completed, if you have not obtained any equivalent qualifications. Upon completing level 1 Functional Skills you will progress onto level 2
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Edge
Natasha Rudd 03333 583559 Apply@skillsedge.co.uk
Before you apply
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017