Agriculture Apprenticeship Simon C Yates
An apprenticeship on a farm assured small scale beef farm in the Peak District which offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to gain technical and practical experience across an extensive range of skills involved in producing pedigree cattle and running and developing a farming concern.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
With appropriate training and supervision, the candidate will assist in the following:
- Maintenance and improvement of grassland, woodland. fencing, hedges and drystone walls.
- Operating a tractor with or without attachments
- Harvesting and correct storage of fodder
- Basic maintenance of equipment, machines and farm buildings
- Purchase and storage of feed, bedding and fertiliser supplies
- The feeding and care of cattle to maintain their health and welfare including offering support during veterinary visits
- Preparation of cattle for market
- Preparation for transporting cattle including loading unloading
- Maintaining a knowledge of pest and diseases and assist in taking preventative measures
- Completion of paperwork to support cattle movements
- Ensuring correct government regulations are complied with
- Protecting the environment and maintaining bio diversity.
Requirements and prospects
- Driving license desirable due to driving company vehicles
- Tractor experience desirable but not essential as training will be given
- Ability to organise and use their time effectively
- Have good technical skills and can problem solve
- Has numerical aptitude
- Enthusiastic with a genuine commitment to farming
- Willing to take direction and work supervised or alone once proficient
- Caring and considerate interaction with livestock
- Adaptable with a willingness to work under pressure-usually created by the weather conditions
- Enjoys practical tasks
- Resilient & patient
- Enjoys putting theory into practice
- Has a sense of humour
GCSE English and Maths A-G or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Simon C Yates
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Agriculture
- Functional Skills in English and Maths if needed
- ERR ( Employee Rights and Responsibilities)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by DART Ltd (Dales Agricultural Rural Training)
Sue Kelly 01332 794910 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017