Apprentice Front of House Assistant 7im Holdings Limited
The main objective will be to co-ordinate the catering and hospitality for the Front of House areas as well as ensuring stock levels are well managed. The successful candidate will have a genuine caring manner and deliver a high level of service to both clients and fellow staff members.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist with catering for external meetings and management/executive committee meetings on a daily basis for 11 meeting rooms, including breakfast, lunches and ad hoc external catering as and when required.
- Assist with managing the reception kitchen, maintaining a clean work environment, ensuring that all dishwasher and cleaning supplies for the Drinking taps and coffee machines are ordered and weekly deep cleans of these machines are carried out.
- Assist with set up and set downs of meeting rooms when the requirements arise, i.e. opening up the movable walls, reconfiguring the table layouts and providing chairs from the store room for additional seating.
- Provide cover if any of the receptionists are on holiday or sick.
- Maintain the staff kitchen coffee machines, ensure they are cleaned daily, milk, coffee beans and the hot chocolate is refilled.
- Monitor the first aid supplies on a monthly basis and ensure all boxes/kits are maintained to the recommended H&S standard.
- Distribute milk on a daily basis to the staff kitchens and maintain the overall milk stock levels for both front of house and the staff kitchens.
- Maintain the stock levels of biscuits, coffee, tea and sugar for the meeting rooms.
- Maintain the stock levels of napkins, pens, pads and coasters for the meeting rooms.
- Maintain close communication with the receptionists to update on room statuses when rooms have finished and when they are ready for their next meeting.
When the meeting rooms are not at full capacity, assist the Office Services team with Scanning, answering external calls and any other relevant administrative tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills - will need to communicate closely with receptionists and staff in the business as well as guests.
- Good attention to detail – need to ensure that meeting rooms are set up and cleared on time, all stock is accurately replenished.
- Ability to use initiative and be able to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Strong customer service work ethic.
- Experience of using Microsoft office and Outlook.Previous experience of working in a busy office/reception/hospitality environment.
- If they have worked on a reception/hospitality role that will be more beneficial, even if it was only for a month or so.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Friendly, outgoing, warm personality.
- Genuine caring manner, wants to deliver a high service.
- Positive and flexible attitude, willing to do whatever tasks they are assigned to help the team.
- Must be comfortable and happy making teas/coffees.
- Willing to offer help when all tasks have been completed to see what else can be done instead of waiting around doing nothing.
- Must be switched on.
- At least grade C in GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths.
- Ideally completed their A Levels/BTEC or other equivalent qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member - Front of House
We will put the student on a company induction so they get a better understanding of our business and what we do.
The Apprentice will be shown how to set up rooms, what refreshments are included and how to carry out all tasks. We expect them to make notes so they can remember.
External training will be provided towards the hospitality qualification
Hospitality > Hospitality Team Member
DAVIDSON TRAINING UK LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Davidson Training (UK) Ltd
sarah collins 01375 480088 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017