IT Support Apprentice Kettle Foods Ltd
This is a fantastic vacancy for one individual to further their skills in IT with an excellent local employer. A really great opportunity to learn more in depth knowledge about PC hardware and repairs.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
30 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
To become proficient in the necessary aspects of IT and Telecoms to provide customer-focused desktop support to business users.
To update the IT helpdesk software with relevant history and remedial details for each support case. To maintain relevant evidence for IT legal compliance.
Key attributes & accountabilities:
- Maintain shared database of support calls.
- Provide user support for desktop and telecoms related issues.
- Support the production of network and systems documentation.
- Provide a professional, pro-active, service-orientated IT presence.
- Liaise, where necessary, with suppliers and contractors to support the wider business.
- Build and maintain PC’s to meet business needs.
- Provide ongoing support of bespoke and off-the-shelf desktop applications to the wider business.
Backups, Resilience and Disaster Recovery:
- Aid in the maintenance of a thorough backup and restore strategy.
- Full training will be given.
- Do not contact the employer as this will make your application unsuccessful, if you have any questions contact 3aaa Norwich.
- This vacancy may close early if a suitable candidate is sought before the closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate with a minimum of 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Passion for computing and IT.
- Hardware and software knowledge and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good at problem solving.
- Team player.
- Professional attitude to work quality.
- Personable, friendly, with a customer service-based approach to support duties.
- Good communicator.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above including Maths and English (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Norwich for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training.
- The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer.
- You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician.
The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017