Apprentice Baker GOOROO KEAH LIMITED
The role will be to assist and support the Head Baker in the bakery and at external events (eg markets).
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2017
30 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
Supporting the Head Baker in a variety of work sections, including but not limited to; processes for making products (eg mixing, dividing, pre-shaping, shaping and baking), preparing and weighing ingredients, using specialist equipment under supervision.
Maintaining a clean work area, prepared for production and cleaned down throughout and at the end of the day.
Cleaning kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
Checking for product quality and any damaged products.
Updating and maintaining spreadsheets and online data.
Perform regular stock takes to ensure stock quantities are accurate and organised.
You will be fully trained in all aspects of your job role and there will be some flexibility within your apprenticeship to tailor your programme. You will work closely with the Head Baker, along with other employees.
As part of an intermediate apprenticeship you will also achieve qualifications in English and Maths.
Requirements and prospects
- The skills required for this position can be developed on site.
- Previous experience working in a commercial kitchen is beneficial, but not essential.
- A certificate in Food Handling and Safety (or the willingness to complete this) is required for this role.
We are looking to offer an apprenticeship scheme for an individual who shares our passion for high quality, hard work, who has a high attention to detail and is keen to learn the skills and multiple facets of an artisan baker.
Other qualities required include:
- Fast learner, working under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Willingness and ability to learn and follow instructions quickly and competently.
- Competent with numbers and measurements.
- Follow the dress code for staff.
- Have excellent spoken communication skills.
- Good timekeeping.
- Pleasant manners.
- Understanding of cleanliness, tidy and hygienic.
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Food Industry Solutions
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills English and Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Food and Drink
STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017