Customer Service Apprentice National Federation Of Retail Newsagents
Would you like to work for a fantastic company completing a customer service NVQ? NFRN are offering a fantastic position within the company.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Sep 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To be the first point of contact for NFRN member queries via telephone, email and social media
- To log member queries accurately, maintain the membership database and handle customer data sensitively and to the agreed rules
- To take ownership of, investigate and make decisions to resolve member complaints; escalating priority issues when required at the earliest opportunity
- Negotiate and liaise with publishers and wholesalers on the members behalf to the point of an agreeable solution
- To identify member needs and; referring to other departments and business partners (identifying potential leads) when appropriate
- As a minimum, follow correct NFRN Connect working practices, procedures and scripts at all times
- Agree to achieve departmental and individual objectives in line with KPI’s and overall business objectives
- Foster a culture of working together, by providing practical support and advice to members whilst also where possible introducing and suggesting ways that the NFRN and agreed business partners can help boost their sales and profitability
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all internal departments and offices, NFRN Business Partners, NFRN Commercial, publishers, wholesalers and any other agreed suppliers
- To provide support cover for the Head Office Reception and to NFRNC by taking Shoplink calls, logging and escalating any issues and processing orders in line with compliance rules
- To provide support to N3 by taking calls, logging information and passing onto the N3 team
- To provide administrative support to the Newspro brand by liaising with Wholesalers and Retail Development Managers
- Ensure messages are delivered accurately to Operations Managers, RDMs, MSMs and Admin teams as required
- Promote the NFRN website, member benefits, latest supplier deals and any new NFRN initiatives to members where possible
- Provide follow up and telemarketing calls to existing members and predetermined supplier services work as required
- To have a thorough understanding of and proactively develop knowledge of our products and services; research required information using available resources
- Keep up to date with the latest NFRN news, industry news and upcoming events
- Have an awareness of the membership rules, policies and procedures
- To be flexible and to support the needs of the NFRN Connect team, carrying out other duties as required from time to time as designated by their Line Manager
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to make efficient use of resources.
- High level of motivation.
- Good social skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft and office packages.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Be able to use own initiative.
- Excellent telephone manner.
Must have GCSE A-C grades or equivalent in Maths, English and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
National Federation Of Retail Newsagents
- Customer Service practitioner qualification
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
- In house training to be provided by the employer
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
KEY TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Key Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today