Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician - Level 3 BCA FLEET SOLUTIONS LIMITED
BCA have an exciting opportunity in their workshop, for an apprentice light vehicle technician. You will be mentored by their own fully qualified Senior Technician in all the latest techniques.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will receive first class training in all the latest servicing and diagnostic techniques to enable you to better help your customers whether they need a standard service, MOT or wanting an engine rebuild.
Day to day tasks will vary but include:
- Servicing – carrying out checks
- MOT’s – identifying parts with wear and tear
- Vehicle Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Maintaining repair and service records
Requirements and prospects
- No skills required as full training will be given, just bring your enthusiasm.
- You will need to have a high level of attention to detail and working to a high standard to ensure the customer’s car is in good care and has been restored to its previous pristine condition.
- Ideally GCSE’s 9 to 3 (A-D) or equivalent in Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
An Apprenticeship is a work-based training programme, so as well as working and being trained in BCA’s workshop, you will also attend Remit’s Academy based near Pride Park in Derby, on a 5-day block release 5 times a year over the 3 year apprenticeship. You will also be assigned an Apprentice Development Coach who will visit you in the workplace, every 4-6 weeks, as part of our commitment to your development and to ensure you succeed.
- VRQ & VCQ level 3 certificates in Light Vehicle
- Functional Skills in English, Maths & ICT (if required)
N.B All accommodation, food and travel costs are met by the Employer.
Automotive retail > Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician [light vehicle]
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Remit Ltd
Emily Draven firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017