Baker Apprenticeship ITS ALL ABOUT THE CAKE LIMITED
Working at It’s all about the cake is just like the menu, there's something for everyone! As a member of staff you'll please thousands of people with the best Cakes and milkshakes in the North East. You'll create that all-important first impression for customers, setting the standard of service that keeps people returning again and again.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working at It’s all about the cake is just like the menu, there's something for everyone!
As a member of staff you'll please thousands of people with the best Cakes and milkshakes in the North East. You'll create that all-important first impression for customers, setting the standard of service that keeps people returning again and again.
Your role will involve baking and serving customers with a huge variety of cakes, cheesecakes, brownies and milkshakes, keeping your work area clean and tidy, promotional activities and distributing leaflets as and when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience preferable but not essential within a commercial kitchen or similar environment.
- Is extremely keen learn from the basics upwards
- An artistic ability to help with decoration of products
- Knowledge of health and safety
- The ability to work on your own initiative, as part of a team and to cope with changing priorities.
- A calm and resilient work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Produce baked products from raw ingredients
- Decorate baked products to a very high standard
- Serve our baked products and milkshakes.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Washing duties throughout shift
- Deep cleaning shop after closing.
- Communication with bakers and serving staff
- GCSE A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
ITS ALL ABOUT THE CAKE LIMITED
- Level 2 NVQ Hospitality Services
- Functionsl Skills if required
PROFOUND SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profound Services Ltd
Sky Jackson 0191 587 4570 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017