Apprentice Nursery Assistant Willow Park Montessori School
Candidate will be expected to follow a strict confidentiality policy and ensure professionalism at all times. Candidate must be mindful they will be communicating with a number of different people such as parents and visitors so must be able to adapt.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To be punctual, reliable and efficient.
- Feed children.
- Support and adhere to Policies and procedures.
- To maintain a safe, stimulating and secure environment.
- Supporting colleagues, parents and the managing team to maintain high quality child care establishment.
- To maintain environment, safety, cleanliness of equipment and rooms, including common areas.
- Attend and support team meetings and decisions made for the whole nursery.
- Attend and support staff meetings, input suggestions and ideas to promote good practice.
- To follow all nursery policies such as Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
- Encourage all children and develop their learning and creative abilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Team worker
- Time keepers
- A commitment to quality in all areas with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
A*-C in English and Maths GCSEs or equivalent qualifications desirable.
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ in Childcare
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Skills for Growth
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills For Growth
James Stares 0208 221 0500 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017