Apprentice Hairdresser Kristopha Hair Studio
The ideal candidate will gain great experience working in Kristopha Hair Studio. The salon offers superb training and support throughout the apprenticeship. The candidate will assist the team on the salon floor working closely with the experienced staff gaining valuable skills and becoming a valued member of the team making their dreams a reality.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Whilst gaining invaluable training and experience you will be taught skills within the hairdressing industry to enable you to take those initial steps in becoming the futures next up and coming creative stylist.
The Apprentice Key Tasks –
- Meet and greet clients. Ensure all clients are offered coffee/tea, magazines to ensure client comfort.
- Shampooing and conditioning clients, Hair treatments and rinsing off colours.
- Practical skills such as blow drying, eventually colouring, foils and cutting will be incorporated into the training sessions.
- To ensure that salon cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the day to ensure the salon is always welcoming.
- Assist the stylists on the salon floor.
- Reception duties including answering the phone and making client appointments.
- Be aware of changing fashion trends, new looks and popular products
- To advise clients on all products and treatments the salon can offer.
- To adopt and maintain a positive and friendly attitude and to behave in a professional manner at all times.
- With regard to dress, hairstyles, make-up and personal hygiene. This should be maintained at all times and in keeping with the standards set by the salon.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and interaction skills
- Excellent time keeper
- Some creative flair
- Working in a team
- Must be keen to learn and develop new skills
- Well presented for the industry
- Self Motivated
- Must have a can do attitude
No formal qualifications are required. However GCSE grades A-C in Maths & English could be beneficial.
Things to consider
About the employer
Kristopha Hair Studio
You will be working towards your NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing. Training will be provided one day a week by Terence Paul to complete practical and theoretical. Training will also be supported throughout the working week in the salon.
Creating stylists of the future is at the heart of Terence Paul philosophy. Terence Paul has a reputation for high quality training and consistently high success rates for NVQ Programs.
Please note the training delivery site will be Terence Paul Training Academy Stockport.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
TERENCE PAUL ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Terence Paul Hairdressers
Kay Cooke 07709952403 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017