Insurance Administrator Apprentice Oakes Insurance Consultants
We are looking for an extraordinary Trainee Administration Apprentice to join the busy growing team. The successful applicant will be smart, self-motivated individual with well-developed interpersonal skills. Your job will involve supporting other members of the team, answering the telephones, taking messages and dealing with general enquiries.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Check quotations using either computerised quotation systems, manual rating guides or by referral to underwriters or insurers.
- Communicate information to the clients.
- Accept the clients instructions, either verbally or in writing, to arrange incept insurance cover for new business, policy adjustments and renewals
- Issue written confirmation of cover to the client in the form of issuing and validating covernotes and/or evidence of insurance cover where relevant, and also provide the client with full details of cover and any other documentation required to comply with FCA regulations
- Ensure that all transactions are carried out accurately and in a timely manner and in accordance with both the clients instructions and the Company’s procedures
- Issue invoices and policy documents and update clients records
- Ensure that all required paperwork and documentation relating to the policy is received from the client is signed where applicable and is correct and up to date
- Ensure that all information inputted into computer systems is accurate and kept up to date at all times
- Maintain files and paperwork neatly and ensure that manual records are kept up to date and correct at all times
- Ensure that all office administration including diary is completed on a daily basis and is kept up to date
- Deal with all post, emails and other enquiries allocated by to you by your Supervisor on the day they are given
- File cover notes and paperwork, keep filing up to date
- Make sure all outgoing post leaves the office by the last posting time and is stamped correctly
- Archive old covernotes, paperwork and files as needed
- Ensure that adequate levels of stationery are maintained and report any shortages to your Supervisor
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Confident in speaking to people over the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
- English and Maths GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
About the employer
By making just one call to us, you can have any number of appropriate quotes – from the ‘well known’ to the ‘not so well known’ insurers in the UK. We will provide you with researched options specific to your individual needs.
Further more we will help you to pursue any claim. Not only will we advise as to exactly what you can claim and the limits under your policy but, if there are any problems, we are here to help you sort them out.
We aim to provide for our clients the ultimate in professional care.
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 through in-house delivery.
The Business Administration Level 2 consists of the following:
- Level 2 NVQ in Business Administration
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Business and Administration
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Gail Cork 01332 345450 Gail.Cork@Babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017