Warehouse Apprentice Steelite International Plc
The successful applicant will learn to carry out the duties and skills appropriate to warehousing
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
25 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will learn Warehousing and Logistic skills which will include:
- Checking of picked orders
- Locating of picked orders onto the despatch floor
- Collating located orders for despatch
- Recording the weight and dimensions of each pallet
- Ensuring pallet documentation is attached to the relevant pallet
- Assisting with the goods inwards process
- Assisting where applicable, with goods returned from the customer
- Housekeeping duties in picking and despatch
Requirements and prospects
- Must be comfortable with receiving instruction
- Must have acceptable levels of knowledge of duties within own area of work
- Must be able to make basic decisions and escalate when appropriate
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to operate as a valued team member
- Ability to maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Keen to learn
- Good communication skills required.
GCSE Grade E or above (or equivalent) is essential or New Grades 9 to 3
About the employer
The successful applicant will be trained in-company to carry out warehousing duties. You will also work towards achievement of:
- Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage
Functional Skills Level 1/2 where applicable in:
Warehousing and Storage
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Axia Solutions Limited
Martyn Steele 01782 572 777 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
More info is available at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/TheNationalMinimumWage/DG_10027201
You could include a link to Travel line so that candidates can get an idea of how long it may take them to travel to work. This is a useful link to include:
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017