Spa Therapist Apprenticeship Slaley Hall - De Vere Hotels
An exciting opportunity has became available for an Advanced Spa Therapist Apprentice to join the team at Slaley Hall.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
25 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Advanced Spa Therapist Apprentice to join the team at Slaley Hall. The successful candidate will complete training within the Spa and attend day release at college whilst actively working towards a Level 3 Beauty Therapy Massage qualification.
Duties to include:
- Provide a professional and quality service at all times to the clientele
- Welcoming customers to the salon
- Carrying out various beauty treatments such as waxing, tanning, and manicures following the appropriate training
- Supporting in the delivery of spa treatments within the salon
- Carrying out skincare treatments and facials along with make-up bookings
- Serving customers and processing payments
- Answering telephone, booking appointments and dealing with queries in a professional manner
- Stock taking, replenishment and ordering
- Supporting in ensuring that the salon is clean and tidy working environment at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and timekeeping skills
- Representable and polite at all times
- Respectful of others and trustworthy
- A passion for Beauty and Spa Therapy and a genuine interest in the beauty and hospitality industries
- Desire, commitment and willingness to learn
- 3 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include Maths and English
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Things to consider
About the employer
Slaley Hall - De Vere Hotels
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy - Massage (QCF)
- Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Erin Wakefield (01207) 585 914 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: today