Apprentice Business Administrator (Shipping Department) Steelite International Plc
Steelite based in Burslem, have an excellent opportunity for an Administration Apprentice to work within their Shipping Department.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
25 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Steelite based in Burslem, have an excellent opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice to work within their Shipping Department department. This is an exciting role in which the successful applicant will support the Shipping Manager. The ability to pay attention to detail is required.
Key elements include:
- Updating day book records of all shipments onto the resource folders
- Assisting with filing of invoices and shipping documentation
- Completion of despatch authorisations forms
- Liaising with Despatch on shipping matters
- Reception duties
- General administrative duties
Requirements and prospects
- Must be comfortable receiving instruction.
- Must have acceptable levels of knowledge of duties within own area of work.
- Must be able to make basic decisions and escalate when appropriate.
- Ability to operate as a valued team member.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance.
- Must always be appropriately presented.
GCSE Grade A*- C or equivalent is essential in the following: (9-4)
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be given in-company to allow the successful applicant to learn the job role.
You will also work towards achievement of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration
Functional Skills Level 1 (where applicable) in the following:
Business and Administration
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Axia Solutions Limited
Martyn Steele 01782 572 777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017