Marketing and Administration Apprentice Maritime Services (International) Ltd
This varied role will encompass elements of marketing, digital marketing and general administration.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
25 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a varied role that will encompass elements of business administration and marketing. The role will give exposure to all elements of administration such as:
- Acting as the primary clerical support resource for internal and external customers
- Managing telephone, fax and e-mail queries
- Maintaining customers’ files in line with data protection requirements
- Accurate dispatching of information as required via external courier
- Accurate data entry onto in-house information system
- Data collation
- General office administration duties; including documenting invoices, updating spreadsheets and filing
- Other ad hoc duties as required
And various marketing duties such as:
- Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs
- Liaising with designers and printers.
- Organising photo shoots and arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Organising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- Conducting market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies
- Managing budgets
- Evaluating marketing campaigns and monitoring competitor activity
- Supporting the marketing manager and other colleagues
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate
- Ability to deal with people of all levels
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong communication skills: both spoken and written
- Attention to detail in relation to office administration duties essential for the job
- Keen organisation skills in regards to logical filing and record keeping - both paper and electronic
- IT literate - able to use MS-Office packages confidently
- Ability to deliver work to set targets
- Self-motivated - able to work unsupervised; uses own initiatives to ensure effective outcome
For this level Apprenticeship a 2 or above in Maths and English is required, with an ICT qualification considered an advantage, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the challenging academic requirements of the framework
Confident application of English is critical to this role
About the employer
Training to be delivered on site will include :
- Principles of Marketing
- NVQ Marketing Certificate
- Functional Skills if required
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fareham College
Steph Hobbs 01329815229 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017