Accounts Apprentice Brown Turner Ross Limited
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in starting a career in Accounts/Finance. This Apprentice Accountant position will be in a reputable Southport office working and learning within our established and friendly Accountancy team. Apply now if this is for you.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
24 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties of the role will include:
- Prioritising work daily
- Reception duties
- Customer service duties
- Answering calls
- Contact third parties as per senior’s instructions
- General administration duties
The apprentice will also be supported and trained to support the Finance Director in the key functions of:
- Administering payroll,
- Book keeping and VAT return records for our clients.
Other duties will include:
- You will be responsible for the preparation, recording and posting of both cash/bank paid and received in their various formats.
- Ensuring that transactions are promptly recorded in a complete and accurate manner in Sage or spreadsheets. This will in turn lead to the preparation of bank reconciliations between bank statements, cash books and general ledger balances.
- Posting payroll information for clients
Requirements and prospects
You will need to be: -
- Planning skills
- Highly motivated
- Confidential always
- Excellent team player
Due to the nature of the business, Brown Turner Ross are looking for someone who is diplomatic and maintains confidentiality at all times. This is a customer facing role helping at the front desk, so confidence is important.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs C and above including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
The newly launched Assistant Accountant apprenticeship programme is accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and combines outstanding classroom training, dedicated workplace mentorship and on-the-job experience to build the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to become a skilled assistant accountant.
The apprenticeship includes:
- AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
- SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
- AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
- Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Liverpool on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
- You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
- Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
- You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017