Business Development Apprentice Making Space
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a business development apprentice to join a fast paced team within a national charity. As a business development apprentice you will play a crucial role in supporting the team to successfully win and retain services. Your role will be focused around ensuring timely and accurate tender/bid coordination.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- To manage the development inbox
- To identify new opportunities (tenders)
- To download all new tender documentation
- To coordinate bid team meetings
- To coordinate attendance
- To complete pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQs)
- To proof read tender submissions
- To create diagrams to include in tender submissions
- To upload tender submissions to online portals
- To keep the tender tracker database up-to-date
- To keep the references database up-to-date
- To complete market and competitor research
- To create presentations for tender interviews
Requirements and prospects
- Good literacy skills
- PC literate, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Outgoing and confident to work in a busy environment
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritise tasks to achieve outcomes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines
- GCSE A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent
About the employer
Candidates will be provided with internal mentoring, support and on the job training. In additional to this, the candidate will also complete an Apprenticeship Level 2 Business Administration. This will be provided vocationally and will cover Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT), Technical Certificate and the Business Administration Diploma. (NVQ).
Business and Administration
SYSCO BUSINESS SKILLS ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sysco Business Skills Academy Ltd
Hannah Bollans 0151 556 7877 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017