Facilities Management Apprenticeship Archbishop Tenison's Cofe High School
Through our programme, you will work as a Facilities Support Assistant as part of the school support workforce. Facilities Support make sure that the school facilities and their services meet the needs of pupils, staff and the general public
Closing date: 12 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
24 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The National School Apprenticeship programme presents a unique opportunity to start a career working in a school. You will receive comprehensive training throughout the apprenticeship and ongoing support from the school.
Working as a Facilities Support Assistant you will work alongside the Faculties Manager or Caretaker to ensure that the school buildings meet the needs of pupils, staff and the general public. You will support the management of services, such as security, parking and maintenance. If you can develop good working relationships with a wide range of people and enjoy organising, this could be the profession for you. At the end of your apprenticeship you will of achieve the nationally recognised Faculties Services qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time role within a school or business. A newly qualified Facilities Assistant can earn between £14,000 and £20,000 per annum and a Facilities Manager can earn up to £45,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities; -
- Ensure that the facilities, such as catering, security, maintenance and reception, run smoothly so schools can run effectively.
- Secure the site and assist in site emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Set up rooms for events and support the coordination of the event e.g. Open Evenings, Fun Days.
- Assist with the maintenance of external areas
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance around the workplace.
- Deal with enquiries from members of staff, contractors and members of the public.
- Direct and communicate with outside contractors and customers.
- Organise and take delivery of stock.
- Read energy meters and monitor heating and ventilation systems such as solar panels or reusable energy systems.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Join a well established team and work with our experienced site managers.
Requirements and prospects
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Facilities Management
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Functional Skills (if required)
NATIONAL SCHOOLS TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Schools Training Ltd
Kate Wardle email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2017