Apprentice Reception Administrator The Lambourn Surgery
Opportunity to gain experience and achieve a level 2 diploma in business administration. This is a varied role within a busy, evolving medical practise. The friendly team at Lambourn Surgery are looking for a positive person to support the best patient outcomes in a professional manner. You must have great communication skills and be eager to learn
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for a positive and flexible person to join our friendly and efficient practice team to support and deliver the best patient outcomes in a professional manner.
- To receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system.
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional.
- Processing and distributing incoming/outgoing mail.
- Taking messages and passing on information.
- Filing and retrieving paperwork.
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers.
- Providing clerical assistance to practice and associated staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning.
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies.
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter.
Other points to consider
Patients entrust us with sensitive information and they do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
The post-holder may have access to confidential information and all such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
Using personal security systems, identifying and reporting potential risks identified and making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, by acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, respecting privacy, dignity and beliefs of others and behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will alert other team members to issues of quality and risk. They will be expected to assess their own performance and take accountability for their actions, contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance. They will also be expected to work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patient’s needs and effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication and working as part of a team and will strive to communicate effectively with other team members, patients and carers and recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
NB: Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication, written and verbal skills
- IT literate
- Punctual and well presented
- Team-player but also able to work independently
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Approachable and willing to learn
5 GCSEs at Grade D or higher including Maths and English (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. On-going support will be offered by the Line Manager and your Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include;
- Combined Competency and Knowledge Based Element: Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT (All Level 1)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Full induction training is provided by the team at Hungerford Surgery as well as a number of opportunities for personal development and growth.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice - such training will include an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development and taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Business Team, Newbury College 01635 845229 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017