Apprentice Nursery Assistant Tiny Town Daycare Ltd
Day nursery based in Canning town are looking for an Apprentice to join their team. You will be required to work for up to 40 hours per week. Day-to-day duties include setting up and carrying out general hygiene and cleaning duties.
Closing date: 23 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 Sep 2017
24 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Provide day-to-day interaction, stimulation and care for all children in the nursery.
- Will preferably have experience in a nursery setting.
- Will assist senior staff with key person responsibilities and communicate effectively with parents through daily and written feedback.
- Will eventually gain more responsibilities as they prove themselves capable.
- Will be enthusiastic and committed, and wanting a career in childcare to last.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication.
- Will aid in creating positive relationships with parents through giving them feedback about their child's day.
- Will help to work towards positive results from all regulatory inspectors.
Requirements and prospects
- must have very good spoken and written communication
- enthusiasm when around children
- ability to learn and take on new responsibility
- should have good computer skills
- able to use own initiative
- confident with singing nursery rhymes and reading to children.
- Reliable, friendly, loyal.
- GCSE Maths and English A-C grade or equivalent, preferably
- On completion of the Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples work force you may be offered the opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 Diploma.
Things to consider
About the employer
Tiny Town Daycare Ltd
A Nursery Nurse will be employed for up to 40 hours per week. Your employer will appoint a work based mentor to support you & you will get a dedicated training manager from Smart Training.
On completion of your training you will be awarded a Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young Peoples Workforce, Level 1 Functional Skills qualification in maths and English and an Employment, Rights and Responsibilities qualification.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Smart Training
Interviews will be carried out before the closing date, and a start date arranged as soon as possible.
A DBS check will be required.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Sep 2017