Apprentice Nursery Assistant Apricot Day Nursery Ltd
Apricot is looking for someone to join their team at this welcoming and calm nursery. You must have good communication skills, a natural gift to engage with others and above all, a passion to work with children. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to gain invaluable experience and a Level 2 BTEC Certificate in childcare.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual to join our dedicated team as an Apprentice Nursery Assistant. You will gain valuable experience and skills in our caring nursery and will work towards achieving a nationally recognised level 2 qualification in Childcare.
Main duties will include:
- Engaging with the children to inspire positive play.
- Helping the children get ready for outdoors play (in all weathers) and supervising a safe environment.
- Supporting the children with a range of fun activities including arts and crafts.
- Being caring and creating an enjoyable experience for all of the children.
- Keeping areas tidy and clean.
- Providing the children with help at meal times.
- Providing comfort to the children when required.
- Changing nappies and providing hygiene support to the older children.
- To help settle the children at nap times.
- To assist with food preparation and drinks.
Our nursery is registered for 20 children aged 3 months to 5 years and is set in lovely gardens. It is very small and friendly and not as regimented as bigger nurseries.
We are open from 7.45am to 6pm, Mondays to Fridays. Working hours to be agreed to cover the requirements of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
No skills are required but some basic experience working with children (baby-sitting or a placement in a nursery) would be beneficial.
- Enthusiastic, positive, and practical attitude.
- Must be able to cope with the occasional pressure, and work independently at times.
- Must be reliable, flexible, tidy and punctual.
5 GCSEs at grade D or above (or equivalent qualifications).
Things to consider
About the employer
Apricot Day Nursery Ltd
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements, in addition to ongoing support being offered by the Line Manager and your Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Diploma of your Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include:
- Level 2 BTEC Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English, and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Business Team, Newbury College 01635 845229 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017