IT Support Technician Apprentice - 12664 Principal 1 Ltd
We are now looking for a key person to join our hard-working internal IT team to help support our own IT infrastructure through working with an exciting range of technologies and applications.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including server and client operating systems and across a range of software applications.
- Maintain the virtual and physical server infrastructure to ensure systems have minimal down time
- Patch and monitor all virtual and physical servers as required.
- Assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- Install and configure new IT equipment and resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Resolve incidents with printers, copiers and company mobile devices
- Maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all employees in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic to learn
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Behave politely and professionally at all times
- Good team worker
- Able to work independently
- Ability to work positively and effectively with all staff
- Trustworthy, punctual and reliable
- An interest in computers and networks
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
Someone with ideally 3 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
Principal 1 Ltd
IT Systems and Networking
- L3 & L4 total: 31-39 months
- Part 1 – Level 3 apprenticeship: 13-15 months
- Part 2 – Level 4 apprenticeship: 18-24 months
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017