OperationsApprentice International Timber
Trainee opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join the Operations team within International Timber in Gloucestershire. Are you an organised and motivated individual with a willingness to learn? If so then this is the role is the perfect opportunity for you.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
International Timber are recruiting for an Operations Trainee who will gain a good overall knowledge of all aspects of Operations processes within the business. Including: Goods in, Dispatch, Order picking, Timber storage, Transport, Administrative systems, and contribute to high levels of customer service to achieve overall branch objectives.
Working as an effective member of the team will be an important factor of the role. The successful applicant will report directly to the Operations Manager but also working with both Internal - Management team, Colleagues and External - Customers, suppliers, site visitors.
We strive to work together ensure achievement of business targets, key result areas and objectives. Maintain compliance with company and legislative Health & Safety, and environmental requirements.
Key Results Areas
• Receive and direct incoming calls /enquiries.
• Maintain accurate completion of necessary administration.
• Maintain appropriate communication with staff and colleagues.
• Provide support to the Operations, Sales, Shipping, Manufacturing and Finance activities, e.g. Purchasing of consumable items, Site maintenance issues, transfer of enquiries to relevant person; compiling and issuing weekly KPI and control reports; Checking of POD / delivery notes and liaising with sales/credit control to minimize impact of disputes thereby enabling lower debtor days.
• Maintain up to date and accurate records, in relation to Training, Periodic checks, Maintenance, Health & Safety Tool Box.
• Ensure that business controls and procedures are met in line with company policy.
• Maintain effective information storage systems.
• Ensure safe working practices whilst conforming to company and legislative Health & Safety Standards & Responsibilities. (See section 1 SGBD Health & Safety Manual)
• Act on or escalate details and information related to poor performance standards, and areas for business improvements and controls.
• Participate in team environment to achieve objectives.
• Provide support in all other tasks as may be requested as part of the daily business needs
• Maintain credit control procedures.
• Contribute to improvement process.
• Assist with the company stock takes when required.
• To undertake any other reasonable duty as required by the Company.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent telephone technique.
- Excellent administration skills, especially accuracy with figures, accurate data input, efficient filing systems, etc.
- Good computer keyboard skills and understanding of computers, (Word, Excel & Outlook an advantage).
- Must be able to work on own initiative, be self-motivating and able to work as part of a team.
- Preferably can demonstrate effective communication dealing with customers and suppliers over the phone.
- Can demonstrate ability to use own initiative to solve problems
- Working knowledge of Company procedures and organization.
- Ability and willingness to learn and create new ways of working.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprentice will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for Business and Administration Professionals. The qualifications consist of:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
- Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)
Business and Administration
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017