Apprentice Chef, Rotherham ASTON HOTELS (SHEFFIELD) LIMITED
At the Mercure we pride ourselves on the standard of the cuisine, we are looking for a Commis Chef to support the Head Chef and his team in the daily preparation of cuisine for hotel guests of all sizes and culinary requirements.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
£105.00 - £140.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The ideal candidate will be passionate about becoming a Chef and working in the hotel industry.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and work in a safe manner at all times.
- Open the kitchen and preparing equipment for service.
- Prepare and present a range of starters, sandwiches and side dishes.
- Wash, peel and cut a range of vegetables on a daily basis.
- Learn to cook a range of meat, poultry and fish dishes using different cooking methods.
- Present dishes to the required standard and maintain consistency across all plates.
- Learn about food safety and apply food safety rules at all times.
- Clean down the kitchen after service.
- Assist with receiving of deliveries, putting stock away promptly following stock rotation.
- Complete any kitchen checklists relevant to your section.
- Work effectively as part of the kitchen team and keep communication with Head/Sous Chef during service.
- Any reasonable request from Head Chef or management.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated & reliable
- To work on own initiative
- Be able to follow guidelines and instruction
- Experience in a kitchen environment
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Keen interest in fresh food
- Attention to detail
- Able to work flexible hours
GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4.
Things to consider
About the employer
ASTON HOTELS (SHEFFIELD) LIMITED
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017