Apprentice Early Years Practitioner London Early Years Foundation
The role is to support the Nursery team in planning and organising activities and experiences for a group of children aged between 3 months – 5 years as well as to protect and promote the safeguarding of children.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
23 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Main duties and responsibilities:
Supporting Child Development:
- To be a co-key person in maintain children’s’ learning journeys if appropriate.
- To support the maintenance of objective, accurate and up-to-date records which identify children’s individual needs, abilities and progress and use these as a basis for future planning.
- To support the planning and organising of activities and experiences which will support and extend the children’s learning in line with EYFS and LEYF curriculum.
- To maintain a basic up-to-date knowledge of child development and the early years curriculum.
Communication and Engagement:
- To support the nursery staff in working in partnership with parents, both formally and informally.
- To communicate and engage with children to support their speech and language development using different methods i.e. Makaton, Pecs.
- To communicate effectively with members of the nursery team.
- To welcome parents to the nursery in a cheerful and friendly manner.
Child Protection, Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of the Child:
- To be alert to issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the nursery is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protection concerns to the person in charge.
- To support the management of children’s behaviour and routines in line with LEYF’s polices and guidelines.
- To undertake specific tasks related to the safety and hygiene of the children and the cleanliness of the nursery, maintaining a cleaning routine under the direction of the Nursery.
- To work within LEYF’ Equal Opportunities policy and contribute to maintaining an inclusive environment.
- To work within all the relevant LEYF policies and procedures.
- To participate in outings and trips including Health and Safety aspects.
- To support children. Parents and carers during key transitions.
Multi-agency and Integrated Working:
- When appropriate, to work alongside nursery staff in liaising with other professionals in an effective and timely way.
- To support improvements in quality across the curriculum.
- To maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- To cascade information as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the performance management framework and regularly attend supervision.
- To attend training sessions as required.
- To undertake any other tasks as requested by management.
- To provide cover in other nurseries in the local area as required by the Nursery Manager.
- To work within all LEYF policies and procedures.
Shared Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with colleagues as part of the Nursery Team.
- To participate fully in meetings.
- To be an ambassador for LEYF.
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping
- Team player
- Friendly and caring
- Good attitude towards studying
- Willing to get involved with fun and exciting activities with children
Minimum: GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths at grade C.
About the employer
Day-to-day support will be given by the employer and on-site training will be provided by Professional Training Solutions for your Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
Children and Young People's Workforce
M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PROFESSIONAL TRAINING SOLUTIONS
Liam Faughnan 01252 712945 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017