Apprentice Food & Beverage Assistant, Beeston BEESTON FIELDS GOLF CLUB LIMITED
Beeston Fields are looking for a bubbly, confident and friendly individual to join their experienced front of house team and learn valuable customer service and hospitality skills.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
£105.00 - £140.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
23 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To provide and maintain a bar and restaurant service to members, visitors and guests in an efficient, professional and friendly manner. To ensure that all areas are kept clean and tidy and products are displayed effectively to gain maximum interest from customers.
- To ensure that all revenue transactions are posted correctly through the till and all payment methods received are correctly administered in accordance with price lists and function organisers.
- To observe all regulations in regards to the permitted licensing hours and understand the rules of consumption for under 18’s.
- To ensure all alcoholic drinks are dispensed in the correct measurements, with satisfaction, speed and accuracy using the appropriate glasses, to serve beverages in an efficient, professional and courteous manner, displaying to guests, good customer service skills and social skills at all times.
- To ensure the correct image and standards are maintained at all times and promote good customer relations through effective customer contact.
- To maintain in hygienic conditions the bar dispense area, equipment, glasses and utensils and the appropriate mis-en-place is always completed. To make sure back of house areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- To maintain the correct uniform standards and standard of personal hygiene. To be fully aware of fire evacuation procedures and adhere to all procedures on health, safety and hygiene.
- To report all faults immediately i.e. electrical, lighting to the Duty Manager.
- To be responsible for the security of stock and ensure the bar areas and associated areas are securely locked after each shift.
- To ensure that the oldest date is to be used first, at all times. The stock is to be checked at regular intervals. If any stock has 1 month to run, then the Food and Beverage Manager is to be informed immediately.
- To endeavour to explore opportunities to increase revenues by up selling all beverage products at every opportunity.
- To follow all control procedures and report any discrepancies to the Duty Manager.
- To increase sales by improving average spends per head on beverages. To up- sell to all members and guests in the bar and restaurant.
- Ensure that when cashing up the tills and float it is done correctly, and the cashing up sheet is completed in a in a neat and legible manner.
- To adhere to the opening and closing procedures in the bar and front of house areas, ensuring that these areas are left in a clean and tidy state at all times, especially before you complete the shift.
- To ensure that all food hygiene and health and safety and work practises are properly observed and are conversant with the regulations. To ensure that you understand the company’s emergency procedures. .
- Ensure that the set up for all events are of the highest quality and attention to detail is paramount at all times. All cutlery and glassware is to be polished before it is placed on the table.
- Be conscious of costs at all times, utilise all tableware and food products as much as is viable/possible.
- Ensure that you are employed at all times, with the bar staff assisting in front of house and back of house operations as much as possible.
- To be proactive and use initiative at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable instruction required by the General Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Duty Manager or Head Chef.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn.
- Friendly and confident.
- Experience in customer service.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Reliable with good time keeping.
- Ability to work well with colleagues.
- Ability to follow direction and guidance.
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English,2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4.
Things to consider
About the employer
BEESTON FIELDS GOLF CLUB LIMITED
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Hospitality > Hospitality Team Member
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017