Body Repair Apprenticeship NATIONWIDE ACCIDENT REPAIR SERVICES LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity to become a fully qualified panel beater within the motor vehicle industry
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
23 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working under the supervision of a qualified mentor, the successful candidate will train in all aspects of motor vehicle body repair including:
- The removal, replacement, and repair of damaged panels
- Cutting, welding, and shaping of metals and panels
- Restoration of vehicles following accident damage
A Panel Beater is responsible for:
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage.
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork.
- Removing damaged panels.
- Stripping and refitting trim and panel interior.
- Refitting new/repaired panels.
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques.
- Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic about cars
- Keen to learn
- Technical minded
- Able to work under pressure and within a team
- Can manage time effectively
- Able to follow instructions
- Friendly and Outgoing
- Good communicator
- Excellent listening skills
3 GCSE's A* - C including English, Maths, Science or technical subject. Equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 VCQ Vocational Competence Qualification
- Level 2 VRQ Vocational Related Qualification
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT
8 one week block release training at Thatcham Automotive Academy.
Vehicle Body and Paint
Thatcham Training Centre
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Thatcham Automotive Academy
Dawn Dunbar 01635 294816 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today