Technical Engineering Apprentice Leitz Tooling Uk Ltd
Technical apprentice for world leader in industrial tooling for the woodworking and related industries. To learn all aspects of machining, design and tooling applications including CAD and technical drawings. Supportive company with excellent working conditions. Salary will increase significantly as your skills progress.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Nov 2017
24 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Leitz Tooling is a global company and our base in the UK has the largest number of wood machining technical engineers in the UK. We have over 130 years of experience and are recognized for the latest tooling solutions for all sizes and type of company. Customers range from the large multi-nationals to the small niche joinery and furniture companies.
With a national network of saw and tool sharpening centres around the UK, Leitz Tooling UK offers local customer support ensuring their saws and tools are sharpened and serviced to original manufacturer standards so maintaining quality and efficiency.
Leitz Tooling UK supports the industry through training with a tailored program of tooling, application and safety seminars and is committed to quality being certified to ISO9001:2008 as is the Leitz Group.
Your role will be to work with our Sales/Technical Manager to:
- Learn all aspects regarding tooling for the industrial woodworking industry.
- Learn CAD, develop knowledge to pass onto customers.
- Learn to develop quotations, order acknowledgements.
- Learn to understand and confirm technical drawings to BS 308 or equivalent.
- Learn to discuss tooling solutions with our technical reps and customers alike.
- Ultimate 4 year goal to become a field application engineer.
We are a supportive employer with excellent development opportunities and working conditions.
We will review your salary as your skills progress. Our last apprentice was earning £23,000 after his first three years with us.
We get involved in community projects and you will have the opportunity to be involved. We want an apprentice who is keen to learn and develop and you will be rewarded with everything you would expect from a reputable global company.
Requirements and prospects
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Takes pride in own work.
- High attention to detail.
- Pleasant, confident and organised.
- A genuine interest in the engineering sector.
- GCSE, or equivalent, in maths, English and preferably physics plus one practical subject (woodwork, ED or metalwork).
Things to consider
About the employer
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge).
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Machining.
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge).
- Plus functional skills at Level 2 Maths and Level 2 English.
Independent assessment and verification through employer selected Awarding Organisations regulated by Ofqual. These qualifications at Level 2 and Level 3 are achieved during the On Programme Phase of the Apprenticeship:
- Level 2 and/or Level 3 Technical Knowledge Qualifications. A grade of pass, merit or distinction will be applied to the knowledge qualifications of the Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Competency (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours) will be assessed and verified in a sheltered/realistic environment with the Level 3 Competency (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours) assessed and verified in the workplace with both qualifications using a variety of assessment methods including observation of performance and organisation job/work records/log books. Apprentices will be assessed on a continuous basis with the final pieces of performance evidence accumulated typically during the last six months. On completion a binary grade will be awarded for the competency qualifications. These will not contribute to the overall apprenticeship grade.
Engineering and manufacturing > Engineering Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harlow College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017