Yard Apprentice Pipe Hayes Farm Ltd
To assist in the day to day general yard duties which include: looking after horses and general yard and grass management on a small family run livery yard at Draycott in the Clay, about 20 minutes from Derby.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
24 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To ensure that all horses are fed in accordance with livery customer’s instructions
- To take the horses out to the field and bring them back in as required
- To muck out all stables on a daily basis, noting individual requirements
- To ensure the feed room is properly maintained and kept stocked
- To carry out grass management as required including poo picking
- To carry out field management this includes field allocation, fence maintenance etc
- To carry out yard management hay deliveries and muck trailer emptying, yard tools, and reporting any maintenance requirements
- To help harrow the Manager when required and generally maintain e.g. weeding, raking in sides, setting up and dismantling jumps
- To supervise horses in the solarium and horse wash
- To maintain the ongoing maintenance of the yard
- To carry out extra services as requested by liveries such as plaiting and bathing etc
- To ensure all H&S rules are adhered to ensuring that no person or horse is put at risk
Requirements and prospects
- Experience with horses is preferred although full training will be given
- Good understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service
- Be able to work as part of a small team
- Hard working and a team player
- Enjoy working with horses
- Enjoy working out in the open air
- Confident and willing to learn
About the employer
Pipe Hayes Farm Ltd
- Equine Level 2
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derby College
Sarah Poyser email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017