Marketing & Administration Assistant BRIXTON BID DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LTD
To ensure the smooth running of the Brixton BID office, meetings and events through the provision of administrative support to the Brixton BID team. To implement social media, communication and marketing tasks to promote the work of the BID. In addition, the right candidate will be offered the opportunity to job share with a local business.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
23 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Keep databases up to date and use to send out mailings/emails
- Maintain stock levels of office consumables and services and restock on monthly basis
- Collate bookings for events and training workshops
- Mail out meeting papers and invitations to events
- Create regular newsletters
- Update website content for visitors
- Utilise social media to communicate with members and stakeholders
- Assist in ensuring audio-visual equipment and any other requested equipment and attendance lists are prepared for meetings and events
- Receive visitors and callers to the office, providing refreshments and redirecting as necessary
- Collect and distribute post and receive deliveries
- Answer the office phone main number, check incoming messages and update outgoing message
- Assist in facilities management issues and office moves
- Keep register and location of assets up to date
- Set up accounts with approved suppliers
Requirements and prospects
Experience relevant to the job
- Administrative experience in an office setting
- Marketing experience in an office setting
- Well organised and able to work proactively, systematically and, on occasions, independently
- Excellent customer skills, including the ability to ‘meet and greet’ visitors and callers to the office in a pleasant and helpful fashion
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly
- Able to follow health & safety procedures and practices
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain focus
- Able to use a range of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Outlook, Excel
- Able to organise storage and files in subject, alphabetical and numerical order
- Basic understanding of social media and digital communication tools
- Smart appearance
- Well organised
- Very reliable
- Ability to follow safety and security procedures and put them into effect
Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent
About the employer
Brixton Business Improvement District (BID) is a not-for-profit collective of 656 local businesses who have come together to help improve their immediate area. There are currently over 47 BIDs in London, each of whom create, develop and fund projects that benefit local business and the community.
BID projects are funded by a levy that businesses pay annually for a five year term. The amount billed is proportional to the size of the business premises. In Brixton the BID bill is 1.5% of the rateable value of the business, and only applies to premises with a rateable value of £5,000 or more.
The BID board is made up of managers and owners of local business who together agree on how best to spend the funds, giving every business the power to create greater change.
In addition, the BID acts as an intermediary between the council and the individual businesses in the area, providing a forum for businesses to develop stronger working partnerships.
Brixton is one of the most vibrant places in the UK. We exist to protect Brixton’s diverse range of businesses. Famed for its independent stores, award winning market, thriving night time economy and mix of high street brands – Brixton is a dynamic place to do business.
The Brixton BID provides the opportunity for we; the businesses in Brixton, to decide and govern what’s best for the area.
We pledge to focus on three key issues:
- To strengthen business partnerships.
- To better market the area.
- To improve the local environment.
Apprentice will undertake a Level 2 Business Administration qualification (competence element) in Business Administration, plus Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English.
Work-based evidence will be gathered on the job and assessed against the competencies included within the qualification. Functional Skills qualifications are taught by the College and will help develop important skills including communication, team work, problem solving and presentations.
The apprentice will also study Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, giving them important insights into the world of employment, a framework for describing the qualities and skills needed for success in learning and life.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lambeth College
Amal Ali 0207 501 5615 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017