Apprentice Administration Assistant Langton Medical Group
Excellent opportunity working for a large, well-respected, high-achieving General Practice in Lichfield. The work is of a highly confidential nature and no information, either medical or personal, should be disclosed outside of practice personnel.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
23 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To ensure that admin duties are completed efficiently and adhere to the guidelines laid down by partners and management. The work is of a highly confidential nature and no information, either medical or personal, should be disclosed outside of practice personnel.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Open and sorting internal post
- Scanning of clinical documentation into medical records
- Photocopying of medical records for insurance/solicitor requests
- Preparing and franking post
- Creating new patient files
- Keeping the flow of information moving between upstairs and downstairs
- Re-stock forms for medical secretaries
- Summarising of new patient clinical records using read code system
- Read coding of clinical letters received and then work flowing to relevant GP
- Re-stock stationery in admin office
- Ordering leaflets
- Creating information packs for new patients, NHS health checks etc
- Flu campaigns
Expectations required of all staff -
- To comply with the Practice’s policies and procedures including the Staff confidentiality Policy and Agreement and Health and Safety Legislation.
- To carry out any training required that is appropriate to your position and grade, and that is required by the Practice
- To undertake any other duties requested of you that is appropriate to your position and grade
- An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local knowledge, to respond to patient enquiries and requests
- Excellent communication skills
- A good standard of general IT and keyboard skills
- Any other adhoc duties as required by the practice
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate will be focused, hardworking, conscientious and have good organisational skills.
- Good ICT skills are essential for this position.
- The ideal candidate will also be motivated, enthusiastic team player with a friendly approach.
- This employer is looking for someone who is able to improve and extend their current knowledge and experience, and keen to learn new skills.
- Applicants should have good time-management skills and be comfortable communicating with patients and other staff members.
- The candidate should have some work experience and have an interest in the medical field.
- Candidates who hold GCSE Grades A-C (4-9) or equivalents including English, Maths and ICT are invited to apply for this role.
- Applicants should have a good standard of written and spoken English, good spelling and basic numeracy skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT up to Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Staffordshire College
Ruth Edwards 07387645766 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017