ICT Apprentice - Business Systems Chesterfield College
Work towards becoming the initial customer contact point for all business systems related queries for ICT and MIS. Help to ensure customer queries are recorded accurately and are resolved or escalated (as appropriate) and that customers are kept updated.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist with the setup, management and maintenance of key business systems, including helping to resolve customer issues and providing 1:1 training and support for the use of systems
- Providing remote and face-to-face support to customers
- Logging, prioritising and responding to reported issues in line with procedures and guidance and ensuring customers are kept updated
- Working as part of a customer service-oriented team, explaining IT issues and solutions to customers and guiding them to appropriate resources
- Relaying feedback to the Helpdesk Manager and Systems Administrator and alerting them to urgent issues and emerging trends
- Playing a key role in a quality ICT service by following processes and documentation and actively contributing to them and to the continuous improvement of the service
- Helping to develop ways of working to support business systems, with both ICT and system administration tasks
- Undertaking additional responsibilities and duties appropriate to the post, as directed by the Helpdesk Manager and Systems Administrator
- Supporting and actively promoting a commitment to the College’s Equal Opportunities policy and Health and Safety procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Sound, logical problem solving skills
- A desire to work towards being able to identify the key issues from customer descriptions of problems
- A good manner with customers - calm and polite
- A good standard of written and spoken English
- A basic understanding of how software systems help people to do their jobs, and the importance of these systems working effectively for people
- Dedicated to learning new skills and delivering excellent customer service
- Well presented, business-like and good at timekeeping
- Organised and attentive to detail
- A team player - flexible and makes a positive contribution to the team
- An interest in and an aptitude for ICT
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Willingness to work towards minimum Level 2 qualification, to include English and Math’s
- Willingness to work towards Diploma Level 2 (ICT Professional Competence)
About the employer
Candidates will gain an NVQ level 2 in ITP and Functional Skills (If required) upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Rachel Squires email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017