Health and Social Care Apprentice Deansfield Residential Home
A fantastic training opportunity to join the team at Deansfield Residential Home, providing care for 15 residents and working towards a Health and Social Care Apprenticeship framework.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2017
23 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To assist with the development and implementation of individual person-centred care and support plans.
- To ensure that each resident is protected from any form of harm or abuse.
- To encourage and participate in social activities both within and outside the care home.
- To develop and maintain relationships with resident’s families, friends and advocates.
- To contribute to the establishment and review of the standard of care within the home.
- To undertake direct tasks and participate in shift changes if required.
- To report any problems/changes/complaints concerning the care home, residents or staff to the Senior Care Assistant or Manager.
- To have a working knowledge of Health & Safety at work and an awareness of policies and procedures within the care home.
- To work to the aims and purpose of the care home as stated in the Statement of Purpose.
- To support and participate in a system to enable staff, residents, families and others to comment on and take part in the way the service is delivered.
- To comply with the General Social Care Council (GSCC) Code of Practice.
- To maintain good working relationships and communication.
- To attend & participate in staff meetings and training courses as required
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to recognise the difference between good and poor practice.
- Ability to recognise risks and report hazards.
- Ability to show empathy, kindness and understanding.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable and loyal.
- Must have a caring nature, be patient and understanding.
- Professional, with a positive outlook and sunny disposition.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- GCSE or equivalent grades A*-C in English and Maths and ICT OR the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in these subjects.
Things to consider
About the employer
Deansfield Residential Home
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care to include:
- CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 1 (unless exempt)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Health and Social Care
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Jenny Crowson 07769 224265 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017