Customer Service and Business Apprentice Mirfield Health Centre
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Mirfield Health Centre undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
23 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- Dealing with internal and external customers.
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Handling patient appointment and medication requests in a polite and professional fashion
- Effectively & efficiently dealing with telephone messages
- Passing on the details of any patient concerns/complaints to the Practice Manager
- Processing information for members of the public wishing to become patients
- Ensuring that temporary patients/requests for immediate treatment are supported by the appropriate documentation
- Ensuring that prescriptions are only collected by authorised patients/family members/pharmacies
- Ensuring that patient samples delivered via reception are dealt with correctly
- Ensuring that other items delivered to the Practice are dealt with in the correct fashion
- Processing of both internal and external mail
- Learning how to audio type both referral and solicitor letters
- Maintain the tidiness of the reception area and waiting room
- Complete photocopying requests
- Accurate filing of patient notes
- Ensuring confidential information which is no longer required is disposed of in the correct manner, (adhering to Information Governance and the Data Protection Act).
- Provide ongoing support to the Clinical Team, the Admin Team and the Practice Management
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Having an understanding of the accepted norms of IT usage within the Surgery
- Being responsible at all times for personal Health and Safety and that of colleagues and patients
- Having an awareness of the Practice Fire Procedures and how these affect personal responsibilities, as well as those of colleagues and patients
- Ensuring that the Policies, agreed protocols and procedures of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
- Complete other tasks as requested, whilst taking into account, capability, capacity and training levels
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- A good standard of existing verbal and written communication skills
- Required to work to deadlines therefore requiring good time management and organisational skills.
- An ability to handle written and numerical information which is at GCSE Level Grade C and above.
- Strong IT capabilities, with existing competence to utilise Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Confident in using email and the internet.
- An ability to engage with a wide variety of individuals, both in person and over the telephone
- A mature, helpful approach, with a willingness to work as a team member.
- A keen interest in working in Primary Healthcare
- An enthusiastic and proactive individual, willing to attend and contribute at meetings and training days
- A good eye for detail and accuracy
- Flexible approach to work, especially when there is a large workload or staff shortage.
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Confidence to work independently and on own initiative without close supervision
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual.
- A willingness to learn how to use the Clinical IT System, (SystmOne)
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
- Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits
- Good IT skills required.
Things to consider
About the employer
Mirfield Health Centre
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship L2 Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
Functional Skill: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 01484437066 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017