Apprentice Food Production Assistant LICKALIX LTD
The role will be to assist and support the factory in production of products
Closing date: 01 Dec 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
05 Jan 2018
21 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will be to assist and support the factory in production of products.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
Supporting in a variety of work sections, including but not limited to; processes for making products, weighing ingredients, using specialist equipment under supervision.
Maintaining a clean work area, prepared for production and cleaned down throughout and at the end of the day.
Cleaning appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls. Preparing ingredients as required.
Packaging and accurately labeling products for dispatch, checking for quality and any damaged products.
Perform regular stock takes to ensure stock quantities are accurate and organised,
You will be fully trained in all aspects of your job role and there will be some flexibility within your apprenticeship to tailor your programme. You will work closely with the Manager/ Supervisor, along with other employees.
Other responsibilities & duties:
• Sourcing and reviewing ingredient suppliers
• Following all SALSA processes and ensure policies are being met
• Helping with deliveries in & out of kitchen
• Help to evolve and tweak kitchen processes to be as efficient as possible
• Help with R&D of new lolly flavours, ingredients and textures
• Help with R&D of new products other than lollies
• Preparing the lolly mobiles for events with marketing & events
This role will not involve making lollies in the kitchen everyday of the week.
On days where you will not be in the kitchen you will be assisting other team
members in such tasks as:
• Supporting the sales team
• Delivering products to clients
• Sales research
• Attending "on the street" events as part of the events team
• Supporting the marketing team in PR, social media, events and other
• Supporting the office management duties with Karis
Requirements and prospects
food handling and safety, or to be willing to complete this for the role is required. Needs to be:
- Very switched on
- Able to multitask and work autonomously
- Good attention to detail
- Confident and enthusiastic team player with a “can do” attitude
- Hard working and honest
- Fast learner and eager to get stuck in
- Highly organised
- Strong data recording skills
- An interest in good quality food & ingredients
We are looking to offer an apprenticeship scheme for an individual who shares our passion for high quality, hard work, who has a high attention to detail and is keen to learn the skills required.
Other qualities required include:
- Fast learner, working under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Willingness and ability to learn and follow instructions quickly and competently.
- Competent with numbers and measurements.
- Follow the dress code for staff.
- Have excellent spoken communication skills.
- Good time keeping
- Pleasant manners
- Understanding of cleanliness, tidy and hygienic.
Minimum of 3 GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent including Maths, English and ICT
Things to consider
About the employer
- Intermediate Food Industry Soloutions apprenticeship (Level2)
- Functional Skills Maths (Level 1)
- Functional Skills English (Level 1)
Food and Drink
STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2017