Volvo Cars Service Technician Apprenticeship Volvo Cars
A fantastic apprenticeship opportunity within the Volvo Cars Dealer Network where you can learn and develop both new and your existing skills in an exciting and challenging role - best of all you'll earn while you learn!
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Candidate’s Daily Duties Will Involve:
- Marking out & measuring, basic manual tools
- Bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Body materials & Construction
- Engine mechanical
- Cooling and lubrication, air & exhaust
- Ignition petrol fuel, CI fuels
- Braking systems, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres
- Charging and starter, electrical auxiliaries, lighting
- Clutches, manual/auto gearboxes, drivelines
Requirements and prospects
Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have an attention to detail
- Good physical dexterity
- Be very safety conscious
- Be patient & well organised
- Comfortable with the use of up to date information technology
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Desire to work in a results-focussed environment
- Take responsibility to keep your product knowledge up to date and relevant
- Flexibility to work within Retailer opening hours, including weekends
- You will need 3 GCSEs or equivalent at A-C, especially Maths, English, ICT or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Volvo Cars Central London is located on the southbound Finchley Road around 50 metres from Swiss Cottage Tube Station. Here the team offers a full aftersales programme including Volvo servicing, Volvo bodywork repairs and Volvo genuine parts and also offers a bespoke Sales service for local customers offering at-home or at-work test drives.
Volvo Cars Description:
The first Volvo rolled off the production line in Gothenburg way back in 1927 and since then, we’ve gone from strength to strength, creating world-changing innovations along the way. Volvo Cars a global brand with manufacturing in Sweden, Belgium and China. Our vision is to be the world’s most progressive and desired premium car brand. And we believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the care for the environment.
Volvo Training & Development Centre in partnership with the Consortium of Vocational and Educational Trainers Limited.
Over the 36 – 40 month programme you will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician and receive the following;
- At work training supported with coaching and assessment
- Instructor led training at Volvo’s Training & Development Centre at Daventry
- Online learning modules (+ other elective sessions if you wish)
- Webinar based modules
- Qualification unit assignments: completed by self-study/in dealer study
- In dealer and web based assessments towards your qualification
Automotive retail > Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician [light vehicle]
CONSORTIUM OF VOCATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL TRAINERS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Volvo Training & Development Centre
Jenny Allsopp firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017