HR Administration Apprentice Bournemouth Transport Ltd
Yellow Buses is a large respected employer offering a fantastic opportunity for an administration apprentice who is aiming to move into HR. There is always a lot to learn in an HR environment and this apprenticeship offers a great grounding for a future career path. If you are a people person, motivated and keen to learn then please apply today!
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
21 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Yellow Buses is a big local employer and an iconic award winning brand. The HR Team includes the HR Manager, Payroll Officer, HR & Finance Assistant and we now have an opportunity for an HR Administration Apprentice, with the prospect of progressing into an HR Apprenticeship on successful completion.
We are a very busy team and keen to find the right person. Naturally there is a huge variety of work carried out within the team and you will be learning how to:
- Act as the first point of contact for HR enquiries by phone, email and face to face.
- Support recruitment and selection of new staff including logging application forms; sending these out to managers; arranging recruitment days; contacting candidates and liaising with managers.
- Make arrangements for new starters; including preparing induction packs, travel passes and parking permits and update all HR record systems.
- Type up contracts of employment and all associated documentation.
- Maintain up to date HR files and activities.
- Assist with the BTL “You’re a Star” scheme administration.
- Record holiday and sickness absence.
- Maintain all filing systems, type up documents and letters.
You will need to work in a confidential environment with due process of Data Protection.
Requirements and prospects
- Good typing skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes including Excel and Word
- Organised, able to prioritise your workload and meet deadlines
- A good telephone manner and strong verbal communication and listening skills
- A good standard of written English and able to proof read
- Able to take in information and to ask questions
- Comfortable using numbers
- Problem solving
- Strong team player
- Friendly and approachable with a helpful attitude
- Discreet and able to work in a confidential environment
- Able to use your initiative and be proactive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Calm and cheerful under pressure
- Professional approach
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Keen to learn and make the most of this opportunity
A minimum of 5 GCSES at A-C/9-4 including English and Maths. A levels or equivalent qualifications are preferred. Degree holders who have no previous qualification within this field are also able to apply.
Things to consider
About the employer
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration, Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT Level 1, and Employers Rights and Responsibilities. One day a week at College for six months of the twelve month course.
You will receive in-house training on the job.
Business and Administration
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Jacky Grant firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017