Garden Maintenance Operative (Gardener) ROOTS SHOOTS LEAVES LIMITED
Apprentice gardener required for a grounds maintenance business, based south of Reading. We require a motivated, polite, hard working team member. With a wide range of horticultural skills to be learnt, you can be proud of what you have achieved each week.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
21 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Roots shoots leaves Ltd carry out a wide range of horticultural jobs on commercial/communal grounds throughout the Thames Valley.
The tasks you will be involved with include:
- Grass cutting (striping)
- High quality hedge cutting and pruning
- Leaf collection
- Tree pruning
There is also the opportunity to get involved with Japanese knotweed control.
On the job training is provided, with an ability to work in a team, and also to be self-motivated a requirement.
We work on a wide variety of properties from business parks and care homes, to large private estates. A range of different equipment is used and work is always conducted to a high standard.
There will be regular interaction with clients and/or residents, and so a polite, well presented representative of the business is an important quality. No two weeks are the same, and a desire to be proud of what you have achieved is vital.
Requirements and prospects
- To be horticulturally minded and enjoy working outside
- A basic understanding of gardening techniques would be helpful
- Driving licence would be a bonus
- Some experience using petrol powered equipment would be useful
- Polite and presentable
- A desire to learn and to be open to new ways of doing things
- To be able to work diligently to achieve a goal individually or as a team
- A non-smoker
- Good interpersonal skills
There are no qualifications required in this role although a working, everyday English and Maths standard is necessary with regards to following Health and Safety requirements.
Things to consider
About the employer
- College attendance required once a week
- Diploma in Horticulture Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths unless exempt
- Functional Skills English unless exempt
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Berkshire College of Agriculture
Sophie Robinson 01628 827438 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017