Customer Service Apprentice M & E ACCIDENT REPAIR CENTRE LTD
M&E Accident Repair Centre Ltd have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. This is an opportunity to have a career with an exciting company which is widely recognised as Leicester’s leading accident repair centre, M&E Accident Repair Centre was established in 2012.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
18 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for a reliable, enthusiastic Customer Services / Office Assistant to help with the organisation and running of the administrative operations of the company. You must be customer focused - providing excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, professional, able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently. You will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail, as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results. You should also be able to work effectively and efficiently on their own and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
You will also ensure the smooth running of our company’s office on a day to day basis and will provide administrative support in the office to maintain an efficient office environment.
Main job tasks and responsibilities:
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
- Greet customers in a polite and professional manner and resolve queries
- Take payments from customers and record payments
- Process invoices and forward these to our customers
- Have strong active listening skills to understand the enquiry and know who to get involved
- Close out completed jobs on the company’s management system
- Take and distribute accurate messages
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Retrieve information when requested
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Assist in helping to keep office area clean and tidy
Education and Experience:
- GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Previous office experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with Sage an advantage but not essential
- Internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and data collection
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Organisation and planning skills
- Work management and prioritising skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Use your own initiative
- Confident dealing with the public
Requirements and prospects
- See ‘Key Competencies’ above
- The successful candidate will need to be punctual, reliable, well presented, and polite and have a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- It is also essential that you can work well as a part of a team in addition to under your own initiative and drive your learning experience
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent qualification) is a desirable requirement for this position
Things to consider
About the employer
- You will be enrolled onto the Customer Service Practitioner –Level 2 New Apprenticeship standard through Leicester College and be supported through the qualification by our skilled team of assessors
The qualification will include completing the following elements:
- Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and Maths and to have taken level 2 English and Maths tests prior to completion of their Apprenticeship
- Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recruitment Team 0116 2295509
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017