Business Support Worker Apprenticeship The M F C Foundation
Under the direction of the Support Team leader and supervisors, ensure the efficient day to day safe running and security of the buildings at the Herlingshaw Centre
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
21 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Under the direction of the Support Team leader and supervisors, ensure the efficient day to day safe running and security of the buildings at the Herlingshaw Centre.
- Assist with the responsibility of risk assessments, COSHH, manual handling, First Aid at Work and fire precautions.
- To assist in the safe operation of the site
- To assist in any emergency situation on site.
- Order and receive goods in conjunction with the Administration Team and Support Team Supervisors.
- Ensure all grounds are clear of litter and all housekeeping completed.
- Complete necessary documentation such as health and safety reports and accident recording and be responsible for the effective administration of first aid when on shift.
- Under instruction from Support Team Supervisors and team leader, carry out regular checks on any equipment such as goals and netting, ensuring that any issues and / or maintenance are addressed.
- Collect and deliver equipment as needed.
- Prepare facilities and equipment for events.
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep of buildings.
- Responsible for informing the shift supervisor of any queries or complaints.
- Assist reception in ensuring that all external bookings have paid on entry to the centre.
To perform other duties as reasonably assigned or under the authority of the senior management team
Requirements and prospects
- Have ability to utilise practical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think clearly, creatively and imaginatively
- Ability to communicate with people from all backgrounds
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with others
- Focused on achievement, targets and continuous improvement
- Positive attitude and strong focus on teamwork in order to achieve excellent standards of operation and delivery
- A high degree of flexibility and confidentially is needed
- Capable of presenting information, orally and written
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- strong assertive skills and ability to manage and resolve potential conflict situations
- The job holder must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training in accordance with company procedure/policies.
- The Job Holder has a statutory duty to observe all health and safety rules and take all reasonable care to promote the health and safety at work of themselves and their fellow employees. The Job Holder must report any health and safety issues immediately to their Line Manager in writing.
- The job holder will be required to demonstrate positive attitudes and values towards others and work in a non-discriminatory way
This position is subject to the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) enhanced disclosure
- First Aid Training Knowledge
- To have a full understanding of the services provided and the requirements of the user of the facilities.
- First Aid at Work
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 qualification in Facilities Management
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Northern Skills Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017