IT Software, Web and Telecoms Professional Apprenticeship- Level 2 - Synergy Uk SOLID STATE COMPUTING LIMITED
IT Software, Web and Telecoms Professional Level 2 Apprenticeship
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
21 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice will be required to attend meetings and visit employers / customers to follow up orders
We are a business to business IT solutions provider based in Attercliffe; we have been supporting local businesses for over 25 years. We have a friendly and professional IT team and are looking for a new addition. We do not have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support team, we train all of our engineers in all areas.
Some of the services we provide are:
- Telephone Systems
- IT Support
- Email Filtering
- Email, Website, Database and Domain name hosting
- Onsite and Offsite backup systems
- Antivirus and Firewall systems
- Leased Line and Wireless Leased line Broadband
- Office moves
- Supply and installation of hardware and software
Duties to include:
- Answering support calls over the phone
- Logging issues in our help desk system
- Providing IT support over the phone and remotely using TeamViewer
- Attending occasional callouts with one of our engineers
- Setup and maintenance of phone systems
- Essential: Clean UK driving licence
- Living in the Sheffield/Rotherham area
- Own vehicle
- 1st and 2nd line phone support experience
- Desktop operating systems such as Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange
- Remote computer support
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
- To complete training assignments and maintain a student portfolio, which will be assessed by an assessor
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application .
Requirements and prospects
- Professional manner and attitude.
- Able to adapt and work across a small team while developing required.
- Good command of the English language both written and oral.
- Strong customer focus and a commitment to providing a quality service.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Information processing and note accuracy
- Analytical thinking
- Practical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst willing and able to work on own initiative including contributions in staff and admin team meetings.
- Excellent time keeping
- Polite and friendly
- Confident and outgoing
- Attention to detail
- Energetic and committed to achieving results
- Confident telephone manner
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent experience).
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Practical and Problem solving skills
- C or above in Maths, English and ICT at GSCE level
- Clean UK driving licence
Things to consider
About the employer
Delivery to be completed onsite by Assessor to complete an intermediate technical certificate in IT Software, Web & Telecoms Professional
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Rebecca Cartledge 01226 216 166 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017