Store and Customer Service Apprentice HOT Tile Importers Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Hot Tile Importers undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
21 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
If you are a customer focused individual, have a positive outlook and the desire to learn, succeed and progress, please read on:
What does the job involve?
- Providing support for the store team in all aspects of the store's day to day operations
- Assisting with customer sales and providing an exceptional level of customer service
- General assistance with warehousing and order picking, which does involve some lifting and loading.
- Ensuring the store is kept clear and that any potential hazards are dealt with quickly and efficiently
What qualities and skills are required?
- Excellent genuine people skills
- A practical hands on approach
- A willingness to take a real interest in our customers and provide excellent customer service
- The flexibility to assist in our other West Yorkshire based stores when necessary
- A good grasp of general arithmetic. The position involves making regular calculations of tile quantities
- Previous retail or other customer facing experience preferred but not essential for the right candidate
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- Using Microsoft Packages
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives
Requirements and prospects
- Good typing skills
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- A motivated, hardworking and tenacious individual
- Wants to learn and achieve
- Smart and Presentable
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
Things to consider
About the employer
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
Knowing your customers
Understanding the organisation
Meeting regulations and legislation
Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility
Product and service knowledge
Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
Being open to feedback
Equality – treating all customers as individuals
Presentation – dress code, professional language
“Right first time”
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017